Conservation Lands a hit
The Halifax Adventure Seekers, an OUTDOOR social meetup group, gave the Purcell Cove Conservation Lands a high rating after hiking the area last Thursday.
A cryptic Buddha greeted the Halifax Adventure Seekers – look for it as you enter the Purcell’s Cove Conservation Lands
Amongst the comments:
- A most enjoyable hike in an area that is truly unique. From the stark futuristic landscape to the beautiful contrasting wildflowers set amongst the many vistas, lakes and streams. It is now one of my favourite places to hike.
- It is a stunning natural area, a gem for Halifax nature lovers.
- A unique spot to explore and I hope to return again soon.
- What a beautiful area.
- This hike was absolutely incredible.
- Loved this magical place. I will return.
Rhodora in bloom by Purcell’s Pond.
The magical Jack Pine/Broom Crowberry barrens
Traversing the barrens that burned in 2009
Rhodora and Mountain Holly contrast with the charcoaled tree trunk in a wet hollow
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink